Planning & Community Development
The Planning and Community Development Department serves as the initial contact for land developers, new construction, contractor registration, business license, and code education.
Our mission is to craft long-term quality of life initiatives and manage growth in an economically sustainable cost-effective manner.
Planning and Community Development counsels the Moultrie-Colquitt County Planning Commission, Board of Zoning Appeals, Moultrie Historic Preservation Commission, and City Council on decisions relating to:
- land use
- subdivision review and approval
- site planning
- architectural design
- amendments to (or variances from) various City codes and ordinances.
Our department also receives applications for trimming or removal of trees located within City of Moultrie rights-of-way. We contribute to neighborhood improvement and revitalization through the administration and enforcement of housing codes designed to eliminate substandard housing and blight.
- Tree Committee – 3rd Thursday at 4pm
- Board of Zoning Appeals – 1st Thursday at 4pm
- Planning Commission – 2nd Monday at 6pm
- Historic Preservation Commission – 2nd Monday at 3pm