The City of Moultrie is proud to offer a full line of utility services including Electric, Water, Sewer, Natural Gas, and CNS cable.
The Utilities Department is responsible for:
- The engineering, building, maintenance, and repair of all utility main lines
- Operating and maintaining the City’s water wells, lift stations, and wastewater treatment facilities
- Maintaining our Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) – The City’s sophisticated radio frequency based communication system for utility meters.
The City of Moultrie Utilities Department is committed to providing our customers with high quality, safe, reliable services that meet or exceed customers’ needs while operating in an efficient and environmentally conscious manner.
In addition to day-to-day operations, the Electric Division is active in the community:
- ‘Power Town’– presentations on Electrical Safety
- ‘Lights! Lights! Thanksgiving Night’– installation of Moultrie’s traditional display of holiday lights surrounding Downtown
- Emergency/Natural Disaster Assistance
The Gas Department coordinates and participates in public awareness and safety programs throughout the entire year. During the month of October, the City of Moultrie offers free pilot lighting to our natural gas customers.
The City of Moultrie and Spence Field Water Systems both received Gold Awards by the Georgia Association of Water Professionals for meeting/exceeding permit requirements in 2015.
Major upgrades and expansions at Moultrie’s Wastewater Treatment Facilities are currently underway. The new treatment plant will allow for improved wastewater processing and greater capacity. The new facility should be online early 2017.
Moultrie’s CNS cable services extend to the cities of Doerun and Norman Park with various fiber lines throughout the county. CNS offers technology support (video and telecommunications) to schools, local organizations, and community events.
www.water.moultriega.com – CCR
www.meagpower.org – MEAG (Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia)
www.ecoga.org – ECG (Electric Cities of Georgia)
www.gasauthority.com – MGAG
www.georgia811.com – Georgia 811 – Call Before You Dig