The City of Moultrie will take sealed bids for a house and .9 Ac. located at 820 7th Avenue SW. House is approximately 2600 sq. ft. with vinyl siding and shingle roof. It has 4 rooms (48X25, 18X25, 5X12, 26X28) with 2 restrooms (11X4 each). It has a 5 ton Trane AC unit with natural gas heat. Property is zoned R1-B (single family housing).
Sealed bids will be accepted until 2:00 pm, March 26, 2015. All bids must be in a sealed envelope marked “House for Sale”. Bids can be mailed to City of Moultrie, ATTN: Gwen Smith, P.O. Box 3368, Moultrie, Ga. 31776 or delivered to City of Moultrie Purchasing Department, 1108 1st Street NE, Moultrie, Ga. The City has the right to reject any or all bids.
For additional information or to make an appointment to inspect the house and property, call 229-890-5426.
SEALED PROPOSALS FOR CONSTRUCTING CURB AND SIDEWALK REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT, will be received by the City of Moultrie, Georgia, until 10:00 AM March 10, 2015, in the Municipal Annex, 200 1st Street NE, Moultrie, Georgia, at which time the proposals shall be publicly opened and read. No bid submitted may be withdrawn for a period of thirty (30) days. For complete advertisement click here.
Recent phone scams in the City of Moultrie’s service territory have left some customers victim to identity theft and/or credit card fraud. Scammers are operating under false identity claiming they are representatives of the City of Moultrie. Lately, they are informing customers that their utility bills are late and that their utility services will be disconnected. Credit card information is then demanded immediately.
The City of Moultrie would like to reassure our customers that we have safety measures in place to protect both personal and financial information. Occasionally, the City of Moultrie MAY call you to discuss your account. If we do, we will provide you with information that only you and the City of Moultrie would know in order to validate that our call is legitimate. If after receiving the information you are in question of the call origination please hang up and call us directly on our main line 229-985-1974.
Here are some tips to remember:
- If contact is being made by phone, the City of Moultrie generally provides at least 24-hour notice of any impeding disconnect, never one hour before disconnection.
- The City of Moultrie never asks or requires customers who have delinquent accounts to pay specifically by credit or debit card to avoid service disconnection. Customers can also elect to make payments by cash or (in most cases) by check.
- The City of Moultrie does not charge convenience fees on any payments collected for utility services.
- Do not accept offers from anyone, including those claiming to be City of Moultrie employees, to pay your bill or provide any other service for a fee.
- If you or someone you know has a question about whether someone is a legitimate representative of the City of Moultrie, call the company at 229-985-1974.
- The City of Moultrie reminds you to protect yourself by contacting us and local law enforcement if you suspect or experience fraudulent activity.
Main Street Park is Now Open!
Over 200 citizens attended the Main Street Park opening on Saturday, January 31, 2015. Special thanks to ALL who contributed to the project. The park features include a playground structure with play panels, swings, and other playground equipment, picnic shelter and a walking trail.
Beginning March 1, OWN will move to channel 70 in the Super Basic lineup and Discovery Life will move to channel 400 in the Digital Basic line up.
The Moultrie Colquitt Co Parks and Recreation Dept. will hold baseball, softball, and Co -ed T ball registration January 26 until February 6th at the Recreation office. This is for kids 4-14 years old. For Co-ed T-ball a kid must be 4 years old prior 5/1/15. The cost for 4-8 year old’s is $35 and the cost for 9-14 year old’s is $45. For more information please call the Recreation office at 668-0028.