The Moultrie – Colquitt County Parks and Recreation Department provides the Spring Recreator for the months of May, June, and July 2015. Please click here to view a complete list of all recreational activities for the year including age limits and registration dates.
Must be a graduate from an accredited college or University with a degree in architecture or engineering or have 6-7 years experience as a building inspector, contractor or have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the requisite knowledge and skills to perform the job. Must have at least one (1) current commercial inspector certification and ability to obtain certified building official status within three (3) years. A valid driver’s license is required. For complete advertisement click here.
Beginning March 31, CSPAN and CSPAN 2 will be removed from the CNS lineup. CNS customers may continue enjoying C-SPAN and C-SPAN2 programming online at www.c-span.org. Replacement programming for Channels 19 and 20 are listed below:
The City of Moultrie/Colquitt County Parks and Recreation Department will be accepting Applications for the following Seasonal Positions:
Lifeguard –Must be a minimum of 16 years of age and possess American Red Cross, YMCA, or equal CPR and Lifeguard Certification prior to employment. Entry level salary is $8.75 per hour.
Pool Group Leader – Prefer a minimum of 21 years of age and have some experience supervising children. CPR Certification required prior to employment. Entry level is $8.25 per hour.
Recreation Group Leader – Prefer a minimum of 21 years of age and have some experience supervising children. CPR Certification required prior to employment. Entry level is $8.25 per hour.
Georgia Department of Labor
220 North Main Street
Moultrie, Georgia 31768
Recent phone scams in the City of Moultrie’s service territory have left some customers victim to identity theft and/or credit card fraud. Scammers are operating under false identity claiming they are representatives of the City of Moultrie. Lately, they are informing customers that their utility bills are late and that their utility services will be disconnected. Credit card information is then demanded immediately.
The City of Moultrie would like to reassure our customers that we have safety measures in place to protect both personal and financial information. Occasionally, the City of Moultrie MAY call you to discuss your account. If we do, we will provide you with information that only you and the City of Moultrie would know in order to validate that our call is legitimate. If after receiving the information you are in question of the call origination please hang up and call us directly on our main line 229-985-1974.
Here are some tips to remember:
- If contact is being made by phone, the City of Moultrie generally provides at least 24-hour notice of any impeding disconnect, never one hour before disconnection.
- The City of Moultrie never asks or requires customers who have delinquent accounts to pay specifically by credit or debit card to avoid service disconnection. Customers can also elect to make payments by cash or (in most cases) by check.
- The City of Moultrie does not charge convenience fees on any payments collected for utility services.
- Do not accept offers from anyone, including those claiming to be City of Moultrie employees, to pay your bill or provide any other service for a fee.
- If you or someone you know has a question about whether someone is a legitimate representative of the City of Moultrie, call the company at 229-985-1974.
- The City of Moultrie reminds you to protect yourself by contacting us and local law enforcement if you suspect or experience fraudulent activity.
Main Street Park is Now Open!
Over 200 citizens attended the Main Street Park opening on Saturday, January 31, 2015. Special thanks to ALL who contributed to the project. The park features include a playground structure with play panels, swings, and other playground equipment, picnic shelter and a walking trail.
Beginning March 1, OWN will move to channel 70 in the Super Basic lineup and Discovery Life will move to channel 400 in the Digital Basic line up.