Back to Job Openings
This is advanced clerical work involving the collection and recording of utility payments and other various municipal fees. Dealing directly with the public on a daily basis. Communicating with supervisors, coworkers, customers in person, in writing, by telephone, or email. This role routinely uses office equipment such as computers for various applications, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Dependability, integrity, analytical thinking, initiative, cooperation, persistence, and tolerance of stress are also core elements.
Essential Job Functions
• Receive payments by cash, check, credit cards, for utility bills.
• Issue receipts of payments to customers.
• Assist customers by providing information and resolving their complaints.
• Checks and balances cash, checks, and credit card payments against receipts and register tapes on a daily basis.
• Type form letters for Friendly Reminders, close out all DI, cut-in, and cut-out work orders.
• Utilizes a computer in all aspects of work.
• Maintain a clean and orderly cashier area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school or GED; one (1) year full-time experience in the collection of payments, as a cashier preferred. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of city utility services and charges or the ability to learn some within a relatively short period of time.
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
• Skill in active listening, taking time to understand and asking questions as appropriate.
• Skilled in the operation of office equipment such as multiple line phones, calculators, cash registers, copiers, fax machines, typewriters, and computers.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiple, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Ability to process and count cash.
• Ability to deal effectively with the public in processing customer’s payments and complaints.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
If you would like to be considered for this position, complete the employment application below. You may email your completed application to Human Resources at email@example.com or fax it to 229-873-3108.