Back to Job Openings
Code Officer 1
Code Officer 1
Planning and Community Development
Inspects existing occupied and vacant structures, including single‐family, multi‐family, and mobile homes and enforces compliance with existing structure code, building codes, and property maintenance code.
Performs a variety of routine to complex duties related to the City’s code enforcement and building inspection program, including: the identification, investigation and correction of violations of the City’s building, property maintenance, occupancy, and housing codes and City and State building and safety codes and ordinances; completes complex inspections of residential; investigates citizen complaints of quality of life issues; and seeks voluntary compliance.
- Inspects existing residential structures for conformance with existing structure codes; orders corrective action and inspects for compliance.
- Conducts homeowners’ courtesy inspections and installation inspections.
- Coordinates with other inspectors from Fire Department, and Police Department.
- Receives complaints from tenants and citizens; investigates and resolves complaints according to standard complaint procedures.
- Answers inquiries from the public concerning property maintenance code regulations.
- Enforces zoning ordinance provisions as they pertain to rental property and housing maintenance, including occupancy and use restrictions.
- Coordinates with Planning Division, Police, and Fire, as appropriate, to address specific building safety, property maintenance issues.
- Enforces departmental procedures pertaining to dangerous buildings.
- Inspects mobile home parks for conformance with the municipal ordinance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Enters and tracks inspection and correction data in the CitizenServe software system and spreadsheet programs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from high school, and
- Two (2) years’ work experience in building construction and/or relevant code enforcement.
- Knowledge of methods and practices involved in building construction.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems for an office setting, including ability to utilize enforcement software programs and spreadsheets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Organize and prioritize workload.
- Communicate clearly and precisely both in writing and orally, including presenting cases.
- Detect violations and assess extent of violations.
- Analyze means of compliance presented by relevant parties.
- Deal effectively with the general public, contractors, tenants, fire inspectors, attorneys, police, and owners regarding enforcement of existing construction codes and ordinances.
- Enforce necessary regulations with firmness, diplomacy and tact.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Work independently without immediate supervision.
- Prepare professional letters, reports, and documentation pertaining to inspection and enforcement findings.
- Must obtain I.C.C. Code certification as Residential Building Inspector (International Residential Code (IRC) and International Property Maintenance Code (IPMC)) and within a twelve (12) month period after employment. Must maintain certification as required by City of Moultrie Building Official or Code Official.
Application for Employment
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
We are an equal opportunity employer
If you would like to be considered for this position, complete the employment application below. You may email your completed application to Human Resources at email@example.com or fax it to 229-873-3108.
Follow these steps to submit your application
- Download the application to your desktop.
- Fill out your application.
- Save your completed application to your desktop.
- Submit your application to Human Resources.