Back to Job Openings
Executive Assistant to City Manager
$15-$17 per hour (Based on qualification and experience)
Part-time – 28 hours per week
This position is the most advanced clerical support position in the City’s clerical support job series because of the highly confidential nature, scope, and complexity of the work, which requires a higher degree of proficient communication, secretarial, organizational, and analytical skills and knowledge of the operations, policies, functions, and organizational relationships of the City Manager’s Office.
Works under the specific direction of the City Manager with moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Performs clerical and administrative support to the City Manager’s Office.
• Organization and maintenance of various administrative, reference, and follow up files.
• Assist in preparing agenda/packets for City Council meetings, committee meetings, and workshops.
• Maintains City Manager’s calendar and appointments.
• Assist with registration/travel arrangements for City Manager, Mayor, Council Members, and City Attorney.
• Receives and screens visitors and telephone calls then directs to the appropriate person or departments.
• Responds to routine questions/complaints and initiates problem resolutions.
• Process daily incoming and outgoing mail.
• Composes, types, edit, or proofread correspondence.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
Graduation from a standard high school or GED certificate; Two years of Technical College in Business Technology or a combination of experience and education that provides skills and knowledge to perform job requirements. Prefer 4-5 years of experience in general office work, some of which in clerical management. Must have an exceptional ability to deal with the public. Must be proficient in Excel and Word software programs. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of office administrative and secretarial practices and procedures.
• Ability to provide varied, responsible, and confidential secretarial and administrative support.
• Skill in active listening, taking time to understand and asking questions as appropriate.
• Skilled in the operation of office equipment such as multiple line phone, calculators, copiers, fax machines, typewriters, and computers.
• Ability to accurately record and maintain records.
• Ability to plan, organize, and schedule priorities in the office communicate effectively, verbally, and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, department heads, officials, and the public.
We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
If you would like to be considered for this position, complete the employment application below. You may email your completed application to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 229-873-3108.