ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS – Municipal WWTP Upgrades7 Apr, 2021
ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS
- Sealed Bids: Sealed bids for construction of the project entitled Municipal WWTP Upgrades will be received until 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, May 11, 2021 at the City of Moultrie Utilities Office, 2701 1st Ave S.E., Moultrie, GA 31788, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. No bid may be withdrawn after the closing time for the receipt of bids for a period of sixty (60) days.
- Contractor License: Any Contractor performing the proposed work must be a licensed utility contractor by the State of Georgia. License numbers are requested to be written on the face of the bid envelope. See Instructions to Bidders for additional bidding requirements.
- Work to be Done: The work shall generally consist of furnishing all products and performing all labor necessary to construct the following: Installation of new mechanical screen at the headworks with relocation of the existing manual bar screen, replacement of mechanical equipment inside each of the four (4) primary clarifiers at the City of Moultrie WWTP, and all other appurtenances necessary to complete the project in accordance with the specifications and construction drawings. The work will be awarded in one (1) contract with a contract time of 300 days.
- Specifications & Contract Documents: Plans, Specifications and Contract Documents are on file at Carter & Sloope, Inc.’s Moultrie office and the City of Moultrie Utilities Office. Copies may be obtained from Carter & Sloope, Inc., 24 1st N.E., Moultrie, GA 31768, Phone: 229-668-0663, Fax: 229-668-0669, upon payment of $300.00 per set. Payment for Specifications and Contract Documents is non-refundable.
- Bonds: Bids shall be accompanied by a bid bond or certified cashier’s check in an amount not less than 10% of the base bid. All bonds shall be by a surety company licensed in Georgia with an “A” minimum rating of performance and a financial strength of at least five (5) times the contract price as listed in the most current publication of “Best’s Key Rating Guide Property Liability”. Performance and Payment Bonds, each in an amount equal to 100% of the contract price shall be required of the successful Bidder if contract is awarded. Each Bond shall be accompanied by a “Power of Attorney” authorizing the attorney-in-fact to bind the surety and certified to include the date of the Bond.
- Pre-Bid Conference: A mandatory pre-bid conference will be held for this project at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday, April 27, 2021. The conference will be held at the City of Moultrie Wastewater Treatment Plant, 1307 West Boulevard, Moultrie, GA 31768.
- Permits: All necessary permits for this project are expected to be acquired prior to construction.
- Land/Easement Acquisition: No land acquisition is expected to be required for this project.
- Funding: Any Contract or Contracts awarded under this Advertisement for Bids are expected to be funded by grants by the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority’s Clean Water SRF program. All Bidders must comply with 41 CFR 60-4, regarding affirmative action, to ensure equal opportunity employment, and will apply the timetables and goals set forth in 41 CFR 60-4, as applicable to the area of the project. The funding for this project also requires that all materials used in construction comply with the American Iron & Steel (AIS) Act.
- Reservation of Rights: Owner reserves the right to reject any or all Bids, including without limitation, the rights to reject any or all nonconforming, nonresponsive, unbalanced or conditional Bids and to reject the Bid of any Bidder if Owner believes that it would not be in the best interest of the Project to make an award to that Bidder, whether because the Bid is not responsive or the Bidder is unqualified or of doubtful financial ability or fails to meet any other pertinent standard or criteria established by the Owner.
City of Moultrie
Represented By: Elvira Gibson